Back to all posts
- The first day of school is Wednesday, September 1, which will be a full day from 8:15 a.m. to 2:51 p.m.
- Please ensure you verbally complete the COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist with your child before their arrival each morning. If your child answers “yes” to any of the questions, please keep them home.
- Staff will be outside on supervision starting at 8:00 a.m. each morning. The first bell rings at 8:10 a.m.
- Your child’s class will enter and exit using their assigned entrance:
- All junior high students will use the entrance located by the bus lane.
- All kindergarten students will use the front main entrance by the office.
- All grade one students will use the entrance located south of the main entrance by the parent drop off loop.
- All grade three students will use the entrance at the far end of the modular classrooms south of the grade one entrance.
- All grade two and four students will use the entrance west of the playground.
- All grade five and six students will use the entrance north of the playground (staff entrance).
- Staff will be outside on the first day of school to guide students to their assigned entrance and exit doors. Pylons will also be set up with the class number and the class number will also be clearly labelled on the outside doors. Teachers will be there to greet students and escort them into the school.
What to Bring?
- School supplies - School supply lists are available on our website.
- Masks - All students must wear masks while on school property.
- Water bottle - It is strongly recommended that students bring a labelled, refillable water bottle to school each day. SouthPointe has touchless water bottle fillers but regular water fountains will not be in use and the office does not have cups or water bottles for students.
Please take the time to familiarize yourself with SouthPointe School’s Back to School Plan for 2021-22. We look forward to a new year as we work together to make our school a great place to work and learn each day!